Aramark Correctional Services, LLC (“iCare”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) respects and is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice lets you know how and for what purposes we are collecting, processing, and using your Personal Information (as defined herein). We pledge that we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information and Usage Information (as defined herein) will only be used in ways that comply with this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice applies to any web page, mobile application, email list, onsite data collection, generic information, and Personal Information collected and/or owned by us, including but not limited to our website located at www.icaregifts.com and all of our websites for each facility where you purchase an iCare gift (the “Sites”). This Privacy Notice is in effect no matter the method of collection, including collection through any online features, products, services, and/or programs we offer, including our Sites and any mobile application (collectively, the “Web Properties”). This Privacy Notice only applies to iCare’s Web Properties, and not any websites of our affiliates, including the privacy practices of Aramark and its other businesses.
We will treat any offline collection, uses, and disclosures of your Personal Information consistently with our online privacy practices set forth in this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice is not applicable to any web page, mobile application, social media site, generic information, or Personal Information collected and/or owned by any entity other than us. Your use of the Web Properties is also governed by our Terms and Conditions and our FAQs.
You will find information below for the following topics, referenced by the corresponding numbered section:
- What types of personal and non-personal information iCare collects.
- How iCare collects information.
- How iCare uses the information collected.
- With whom iCare may share or disclose personal and non-personal information.
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect information entered online and retention of your information.
- Our practices regarding children’s privacy.
- Our practices regarding links to other websites.
- Privacy related to European Union users.
- How users can access and edit the information provided.
- Your California privacy rights
- “Do Not Track” signals.
- Contact information.
1. Types of Information Collected
iCare and any third party that we hire for the purpose of administering, operating, hosting, configuring, designing, maintaining and providing internal support for our Web Properties may collect two types of information when you visit the Web Properties: Personal Information and Usage Information.
Personal Information: The types of information that we collect may include, among other things, the following categories of information (collectively, “Personal Information”):
- contact information such as your name, company name, address, phone number and email address;
- account information such as passwords and security questions and answers;
- demographic information such as gender;
- inmate information such as the name and number of the inmate/trustee that will receive the order);
- banking information such as your bank account and credit card numbers, card expiration date, and billing address;
- your preferences related to selections made for purchases; and
- other information specific to you.
We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you visit our Web Properties unless you choose to provide such information to us. You can browse the Sites without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, we will automatically collect Usage Information when you browse our Sites.
Usage Information: The types of usage information that we collect may contain generic information about you when you visit the Web Properties, which may include, among other things, the following categories of information (collectively, “Usage Information”):
- device information such as Internet Protocol (or IP) address or device ID/UDID, protocol and sequence information;
- browser information such as browser language and type;
- domain name system requests;
- browsing history information such as, time spent at a domain, time and date of your visit and number of clicks;
- http headers, and operating system and fingerprinting data; and
- aggregated information.
2. How Information Is Collected
We may collect Personal Information and Usage Information about you from the following sources:
- the correspondence you and others send to us, including when you complete any online forms or send us an email;
- information we receive from you through the Web Properties and as a result of your use of our services, including when you create a user account (“User Account”) to purchase a package for an inmate;
- information about your transactions with, or services performed by, us, our affiliates or nonaffiliated third parties;
- information we receive from your computer or mobile device;
- information we receive from our affiliates, partners or service providers; and
- information we receive from other sources, as permitted by applicable laws, rules and regulations.
iCare occasionally sends offers or notices to certain users by email and collects survey information from time to time about new opportunities, programs, events or other activities. You can always choose not to receive such emails by (1) not checking the box indicating your permission to have such emails sent, (2) not participating in such online surveys, or (3) utilizing the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of email communications. We will make every effort to process your request promptly, but please note that you may receive additional contacts before your request takes effect. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.
We may collect Usage Information from you in the following ways:
Web Beacons: Some of our web pages and electronic communications may contain images, which may or may not be visible to you, known as Web Beacons (sometimes referred to as “clear gifs”). Web Beacons collect only limited information that includes a cookie number; time and date of a page view; and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. These Web Beacons do not carry any Personal Information and are only used to track usage of the Web Properties and activities associated with the Web Properties.
Unique Identifier: We may assign you a unique internal identifier to help keep track of your future visits. We may use this information to gather aggregate demographic information about our visitors, and we may use it to personalize the information that you see on the Web Properties and some of the electronic communications you receive from us. We keep this information for our internal use.
3. Use of Collected Information
Information collected by us may be used for the following primary purposes:
- To provide products and services to you or any affiliate or third party who is obtaining services on your behalf or in connection with a transaction involving you.
- To improve our products and services.
- To personalize your experience on the Web Properties.
- To communicate with you and to inform you about our products and services.
- To help protect the safety and integrity of the Web Properties and our users.
4. When Information Is Disclosed and Shared
We might disclose Personal Information and/or Usage Information to law enforcement, government officials, or third parties (including iCare clients at whose facilities inmates can receive iCare products and services) when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary:
- To comply with legal processes and applicable law.
- To enforce this Privacy Notice.
- To take precautions against liability and respond to any claim that any information provided by you violates the rights of a third party.
- To assist government enforcement agencies.
- To protect our rights, property, or the safety or the rights, property, or personal safety of our visitors and the public, which includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and, if required by law, disclosing information to U.S. federal and state governmental agencies.
- To investigate potential unauthorized access or misuse of the Web Properties.
- To investigate or respond to claims in connection with an inmate’s dietary or religious food service needs and/or iCare goods and services received by an inmate at an iCare client facility.
- To otherwise enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions, and other agreements.
We do not sell or rent Personal Information collected from visitors to the Web Properties. The information we collect is used to better serve the iCare users by making their online visits more enjoyable and effective. We may use the Personal Information provided for processing orders for products and/or services and shipping purposes. We may also use the Personal Information provided for communicating with you about your account activities and events and for marketing purposes (such as providing you with special offers and notifying you of new opportunities and programs), provided that you have not opted out of receiving such communications as explained in this Privacy Notice. We may use Usage Information and technical data and information that we or our third party agents collect for internal business and marketing purposes and to monitor our Sites’ security. We reserve the right to track and use aggregate information regarding the iCare user base (such as user demographics and usage trends) for various purposes to better enable us to make improvements to the Web Properties in order to meet our users’ preference. We may also share information with our analytics providers to help us understand your use of our services.
We reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information, as well as any information about or obtained from you, to third parties including buyers or service providers in connection with the merger, sale or other disposition of all or part of our business and/or assets, or in the event of our bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, receivership, or an assignment for the benefit of our creditors. You expressly agree and consent to the use and/or transfer of the foregoing information in connection with any of the above described proceedings.
We may disclose your Personal Information for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information. We may also disclosure your Personal Information with your permission or as directed by you.
5. Security, User Account and Data Retention
At iCare, we take the security, confidentiality, and integrity of your information very seriously. We utilize technical, physical, and administrative safeguards that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, retrieval, disclosure, use, and modification. If we transmit, share, or use your information we take appropriate methods to prevent from any interception or unauthorized access to that data.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you products and services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6. Information from Children
. iCare does not target its websites or any of its services or products to children and does not knowingly collect personal information from children under thirteen (13) years of age. If Aramark learns that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has submitted personal information on Aramark’s websites without parental consent, Aramark will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from our databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any personal information we have collected from children under thirteen (13), please contact us using at Privacy@aramark.com.
Minors under eighteen (18) years of age may email us at Privacy@aramark.com to have the personal information they have provided to us deleted, subject to applicable law. Please note that, while we make reasonable efforts to comply with such requests, deletion of your personal information does not ensure complete and comprehensive removal of that data from all systems.
Parents and legal guardians should be aware that this Privacy Notice will govern our use of Personal Information, but also that information that is voluntarily given by children (or others) in email exchanges, bulletin boards, or the like, may be used by other parties to generate unsolicited communications. We encourage all parents and legal guardians to instruct their children in the safe and responsible use of their Personal Information while using the Internet.
7. Privacy Outside the Web Properties
The Web Properties may now or in the future contain various links to other websites. We are not and cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any of those websites. Other than under agreements with certain reputable organizations and companies, and except for third party service providers (as described in this Privacy Notice), we do not share any of the Personal Information that you provide to us with any of the websites to which the Web Properties link. Please check with those websites in order to determine their privacy policies and your rights under them.
8. Your California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) grants certain rights to California residents to access or delete the personal information that we have collected about them, to opt-out of the sale of their personal information by us to a third party, and not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
California residents have the right to request what personal information we collected, used, disclosed, and sold about them within the preceding 12 months. Once we receive your request and confirm your identity and California resident status, we will disclose to you the information that we have collected about you, as required by the CCPA.
California residents have the right to request the deletion of their personal information that we collect or maintain. Once we receive your request and confirm your identity and California resident status, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. Such exceptions include, but are not limited to, when the personal information is necessary to complete a transaction or provide goods or services to you, detect security incidents, comply with the law, and for internal uses reasonably aligned with your expectations.
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, geolocation information, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers;
- commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with Aramark’s websites, applications or advertisements; and
- inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, and behavior.
California Residents have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment if and when they exercise their rights to access, delete, or opt-out under the CCPA.
This means we cannot, for example:
- Deny goods or services to you;
- Charge different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or by imposing penalties;
- Provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you; or
- Suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Please note that we may charge a different price or rate, or provide a different level or quality of goods and/or services to you, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to you by your personal information.
Exercising Your Rights
In order to exercise your “access”, “deletion”, and/or “opt-out” rights, you may submit a request through a web form here or call us at (877) 999-4862. You may also authorize another person (your "agent") to submit a request on your behalf, and in the same manner. Once we receive your request, we will contact you to verify your identity and California resident status and review your request.
We aim to respond to your requests within 45 days of receiving the request. If we need more time to respond to your request, we will let you know the reason and how much additional time we will need.
California- Direct Marketing information
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (the "Shine The Light" law), customers who are California residents and have a relationship with iCare primarily for personal, family, or household purposes are entitled to receive, upon request and free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year. This information may be requested once a year. If applicable, this information will include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of the third parties that received the information. If you are a California resident and want to make a request for this information, please submit your request in writing to: Privacy@aramark.com or Aramark, 2400 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 Attn: Assistant General Counsel Privacy (please reference the "Shine The Light Law" in your email or letter).
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: If you have a question or complaint regarding the websites, please send an e-mail to Privacy@aramark.com. You may also contact us by writing to Aramark, 2400 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103, Attn: VP, Compliance, Privacy or by calling us at (800) 388-3300. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
Do Not Track Signals
If you have questions or comments please let us know by sending your comments or requests to:
Via Mail: iCare, 2400 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Customer Service Email: iCareCustomerService@aramark.com
Phone: (800) 388 - 3300
Copyright © 2022. Aramark. All Rights Reserved.
Effective as of: March 1, 2021
Last updated: August 1, 2022
The iCare website is owned by Aramark Correctional Services, LLC, a Delaware limited company.